Monday, March 9, 2009

Poems I wrote

I wrote these a while ago, but still enjoy
Nightfall
As I wait in the forest during dusk
I see nature’s beauty in orange tints
Plain as day itself, nature bears no foul intent

Night falls…

Shadows of what is unseen
Mask what is.

What we cannot see, we fear.

Isn’t this the same forest of innocence and life?
Just set in a different light


Phoenix
I ponder the setting sun
Giving its last flair of brilliance
Then disappearing behind the distant horizon
Ever-present yet subdued
After time’s advance it recurs from the ashes like a long-forgotten phoenix
Unfurling its wings and taking flight anew

I reflect on the Suns life
Won’t it in its closing moments
Give a last flare of radiance
Shatter into cosmic dust
Then assemble into another star
Won’t the universe too have a part in this eternal waltz?
Of life and death
Of resurrection

I ponder myself
When I am aged
Won’t I also consign my final breath?
But will I die forever?

4 comments:

  1. shatter into cosmic dust? not exactly my taste, but I like all the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that line doesn't make much sense does it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. well it does, but it would be more like(in my head) "before blossoming into a new nebula"

    ReplyDelete
  4. IMO htats a filler statement, no meat at all there

    ReplyDelete